- 50ml olive oil
- 15g pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 black pitted olives
- 250g penne rigate
- 50g rocket leaves
- 25g parmesan
- Salt and pepper
1. Add 1 tbsp of salt to water and bring to the boil for the pasta. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Halve the olives and grate the parmesan.
2. Wash the rocket leaves and shake them dry. Keep a few to one side for decoration before tearing the rest into smaller pieces.
3. Heat a pan without any oil over a medium heat and roast the pine nuts for around 30 seconds until golden brown. Remove them from the pan and allow to cool.
4. Mix the pine nuts, grated parmesan, garlic and olive oil in a bowl and blend. Add the rocket leaves and blend again until a fine paste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for around 8-9 minutes or until they have softened to your liking.
6. Drain the pasta and mix with the pesto and the olives in a bowl.
7. Serve in a pasta dish and garnish with the rocket leaves.